First Time Homebuyers
Our First Time Home Buyers Program (FTHB) helps eligible applicants purchase a home with down payment assistance of up to $50,000 or 40% (whichever is less) of the sales price of a home. These funds are made possible through federal and state funded programs.
Funding Availability Status:Applications are being accepted on a first come first serve basis, as funding allows. Please call (209) 668-5610 for more information and funding availability.
Requirements for the program:You must meet all of the following requirements to be eligible for this program.
- You must be below 80% of Stanislaus County's median income for the number of people in your household. See the following income table.
- You must contribute a minimum of $3,000.00 to be used toward the purchase of the home. Funds must be available at time of application and have been seasoned for a minimum of 3 months.
- You must have good credit with no outstanding collections, judgments, liens or any other negative debt.
- You must qualify for a new current market rate first mortgage with a lender of your choice that accepts our First Time Homebuyer Program.
- You must not have owned a home within the last three years and you must occupy the purchased property as your primary residence.
- The property must by vacant and not exceed single family mortgage limits. Contact us for current limit.
|Income Table||( HUD HOME Limits effective June 2018. )|
|Number in Family||Median income for Stanislaus county|
Repayment of the LoanNo monthly payments are required. Loan will accrue at 3% simple interest for 30 years.
The total amount of the loan plus any accrued interest becomes due and payable when the property is sold, rented, no longer occupied by the primary borrower or 30 years which ever occurs first.
To ApplyObtain all the items on the following Document Checklist, and then call our office at (209) 668-5610 to schedule an appointment. Applicants are processed on a first come first serve basis.
Document ChecklistPlease have all of the items listed below before calling for an appointment.
- Last three years tax returns
- Proof of income
- Last two recent months pay stubs.
- Other proof of income for household members.
- Last three months bank statements showing a minimum balance of $3,000 including the bank name, address, phone number and account number.
- Written list of all your creditors showing the balance due and monthly payments to each.
- Copy of purchase contract.
First Time Homebuyers Program Brochure